What is BodyTalk?
BodyTalk is a simple, safe and effective system of integrative healthcare. It allows the body’s energy systems to be rebalanced so they can operate as nature intended. Each system, cell and atom is in constant communication with each other at all times. Due to exposure to stress, these lines of communication can become compromised, which then leads to a decline in physical, emotional and/or mental health. By reconnecting these lines of communication, the body is then able to function at optimal levels and accelerate the healing process.
With BodyTalk, the practitioner does not need to diagnose the problem with the client. The innate intelligence of the human body informs the practitioner which energy systems need to be rebalanced and in which particular order. In this vein, the treatment is in no way influenced by what the practitioner thinks is wrong with the client. The source of the problem is actually the provider of the information that is needed for the client to heal. This is a key aspect of the BodyTalk system and one which we feel is probably the key reason why the system works so well.
The BodyTalk system has been practiced around the world for many years. BodyTalk can be used as a stand-alone system to treat many health problems or integrated into any health care system to increase its effectiveness and promote faster healing.
How can BodyTalk help me?
BodyTalk has proven to be effective in addressing many common diseases, viruses, infections, allergies, immune system functioning, sugar metabolism disorders, arthritis and other musculoskeletal disorders, emotional and psychological problems, along with many others. Healing sessions can have an impact on the overall health of the body.
Current areas addressed by the BodyTalk system can include:
- Overall breathing patterns, left/right brain co-ordination, energy blockages associated with environment or birth, energy imbalances within the brain cortices, general and localized hydration, and health problems associated with internal and external scarring.
- Specific balancing of the twelve major body organs, eight endocrine systems, and other body parts.
- Correction of genetically and/or environmentally influenced cell disorders.
- Clearing the body of viruses, infections, parasites, food intolerances, environmental allergies, and accumulated toxins.
- Balancing the 36 surface energy points that often impact a person’s energy level, mood, overall structural integrity, muscle tension, and digestive system. These surface energy imbalances are also cause pain in specific parts of the body.
- Clearing past and present emotional blockages including specific phobias and fears and numerous psychological disorders.
- Clearing the lymphatic system including all the body lymph glands and the lymph ducts.
- Addressing energy blockages associated with the nervous and circulatory systems.
- Balancing the various energy systems within the body including the traditional acupuncture meridians, chakras and general bioenergetic energy flow. Blood sugar balancing also falls under this category.
- Releasing parts of the musculo-skeletal system that may be “locked.” This includes the spine, pubic bone, cranium, sacrum, ribs, joints and muscles.
- Restoring energy imbalances between the patient and certain aspects of their environment.
What to expect
We know trying new (and weird) things can be hard. Here’s what to expect during your BodyTalk sessions:
- Prior to your first session, you will complete a client intake form so we can understand the areas of your health you’d like to improve. During each session, you have the opportunity to work toward healing a particular physical, mental or emotional issue, or an open session will be performed. If you choose to have an open session, your body’s innate wisdom will guide the healing process in whatever is deemed to be top priority.
- Laura will answer any questions you may have throughout your session. Doing a remote session? Don’t worry – she’ll call you at the beginning of your first session.
- If you’re attending the session remotely, feel free to either relax in a comfortable place or go about your day as usual – work, run errands, hang out with family or friends, watch TV, etc. We do recommend being at home or in a relaxed environment during your first session to see how you react. It’s not uncommon for tears to trigger during some sessions if trapped emotions are released.
- Laura will explain what is being worked on throughout the healing session. If you’re receiving a remote session, a recap will be provided via your chosen preference: phone call, email or text.